5 things to do this long weekend.
The mornings are crisp and the afternoons warm, coming up is the first long weekend since the kids went back to school. This weekend is a busy weekend as students return home from university and families get together for gatherings and dinners. If you have family in town this weekend or are looking for something to do, we have some ideas for you!
- Wine Festival will be wrapping up this weekend. Why not stop by a winery, talk to the tasting room staff and discover the perfect wine to pair with that turkey dinner. Harvest is also in full swing so you might be able to see some action taking place in the vineyards.
2. Take a hike or bust out that bike! It is time to get out and explore those trails again. Additional parking has recently been added in at Rose Valley Regional Park which has some pretty spectacular colours this time of year.
3. Have you had a pumpkin spiced latte or a pumpkin pie caramel macchiato this season? If not, grab one from one of our coffee shops, sit by the lake and enjoy some ‘me time’.
4. It can get a little nutty this time of year. Head to the Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park to pick some nuts or take some family photos. This spot is one of our most popular spots for family photos.
5. This is the time of year to do some apple picking and while you are at it, you can pick up your pumpkin as well!