There is a lot to do in West Kelowna over spring break and below is just a short list of some of the activities that children and adults can take in.
1. West Kelowna has fantastic Cross-country ski trails. Telemark is open during spring break but it is best to visit their website for hours of operation before heading out. www.telemarknordic.com
2. Snowshoeing opportunities can be found along the Telemark trails as well as on trails nearby.
3. Jim Lind Arena and Royal LePage Place are offering public skating and ice activities and you can find the 2023 public skate schedule here.
4. No matter what the season, going to the pool is always fun! Here is the 2023 Spring Schedule for Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre.
5. There are different Spring Break Day Camps available – you can check out the programs and schedules here in the Recreation Guide.
6. The snow has started to disappear and the hikers are starting to come out. This also means wildlife is out and about on the trails too, so please be aware if you are heading out for a hike. The Westside Trail Guide has information on several of the local hiking trails in the area and trail information and maps can be found here or in a hard copy format at local accommodators and Visitor Centres.
7. Spring is a perfect time to visit the wineries as the tasting rooms are not as busy which allows visitors to ask away and learn a lot about the wines of the region. For a complete list of wineries in West Kelowna visit www.thewestsidewinetrail.com. Our wineries are kid-friendly, so feel free to stop by with them.
A few other ideas:
8. Step back in time at the Westbank Museum or learn about the syilx people at the Sncewips Heritage Museum.
9. Paintball adventures at Safari Ridge.
10. Hit the driving range at Two Eagles or Golf at Two Eagles or Shannon Lake (opening dates in March)
11. Indoor playplace for the little kids at Just 4 Fun.
12. Go on a Sweet Tooth Tour and check out the local sweets. Find baked goods at Specialty Bakery, It’s a Bakery, Anne’s Beach Cafe, Kekuli Cafe and Blenz, with Sonic Car Wash and Dairy Queen being great places for frozen yogurt or ice cream.
13. Go birding. Spring is a great time to see lots of birds and the annual spring migration starts in March and continues through May.
14. Bring out those wheels and go for a bike ride along Gellatly Bay.
15. Check out the skateboard park on Old Okanagan Hwy or the skate park and pump track on Quail Lane.