Visit Westside and the Westbank Museum, the contractor for the West Kelowna Visitor Centre, are committed to the safety of visitors to our community and the staff members who work at the Visitor Centre. With the increase in Covid-19 cases in the province, it is important to keep up with the orders that have been put in place by the Public Health Officer.
For the latest Provincial Heath orders please visit the Government of British Columbia’s website.
BC’s Restart is a careful, four-step plan to bring B.C. back together and on June 14th it was announced that we have entered into Step 2 of BC’s Restart Plan. Now we can gradually begin to restart our important social connections, businesses and activities. Getting vaccinated is the most important tool supporting our restart.
June 15, 2021 UPDATE
What travel is restricted?
- Provincial travel restrictions lifted. Recreational travel within BC allowed. BC Transit and BC Ferries offer increased service as needed.
- Next step: Earliest start date July 1st: Canada-wide recreational travel.
- Full details on BC’s Restart Plan can be found at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
Travel restrictions for non-essential travel between provinces still remain in place. What is considered essential travel?
- The public safety order restricting travel lists a number of exceptions to travel restrictions, which includes:
- moving to a different principal residence or assisting a person to move for that purpose,
- carrying out a work-related purpose, including volunteer work,
- commercially transporting goods,
- receiving health care services or social services or assisting someone to receive those services,
- exercising child-custody rights or spending parenting time with a minor child,
- attending a funeral service
- The full list of exceptions to travel restrictions can be found at www.gov.bc.ca/covidtravel.
What is allowed?
You can find important updates on BC travel here: https://www.hellobc.com/know-before-you-go
You can find the West Kelowna Visitor Centre & Westbank Museum Covid-19 Safety Plan here.