The Province of British Columbia has launched a new Fairs, Festivals, and Events Recovery Fund, which provides one-time grants to event organizers to support the safe restart of events across B.C. Deadline for applying is October 1, 2021.
Eligible entities include: Not-for-profits, for-profits, Indigenous Nations, Municipalities, and other local government bodies and they may submit more than one application.
Eligible events must:
- Offer programming to the public on a single day or happen on fewer than 21 days in a calendar year
- Earn revenue from ticket sales, entry donations, vendor fees or other sources
Mandatory eligibility criteria – to be eligible events must:
- Take place in BC between July 1, 2021 and September 30, 2022 – retroactive funding is available
- Have a minimum operating budget of $10,000
- Align with government priorities for tourism, sport or the arts
- Show local and/or regional support
- Be financially viable and secured – events in the bid phase are not eligible
For more information visit the Province’s Fairs, Festivals and Events Recover Fund webpage.