Okanagan Fall Wine Festival
The annual Fall Okanagan Wine Festival returns for a 38th year – wow! Our wine trail has changed quite a bit from those first years, namely with the number of wineries we now have. Currently, we have 13 wineries and they are looking forward to welcoming visitors from around the world to this 10-day festival.
Whether this is your tenth or your first festival, we are sure you will have a memorable time. Read on for a few tips for you when you are out wine tasting. And remember, our wineries are still open even after wine festival, with several events taking place in November and December.
- The Fall Okanagan Wine Festival takes place throughout the Okanagan Valley at different wineries and venues, this is not a festival that only takes place at one address.
- Some of the events require tickets while others do not.
- Most wineries charge a tasting fee and it is usually waived with the purchase of a bottle of wine.
- During the wine festival, many wineries have open houses and tastings are usually complimentary.
- Children are welcome at all wineries, with some having a special area or activities for children.
- Be sure to eat prior to tasting and bring water along.
- Follow these simple steps when tasting wine: Smell, swirl, see, sip.
- Remember, these are tastings, so spitting is okay.
- Avoid wearing perfume or cologne as it can interfere with your wine tasting experience.
- If you can’t make it out for the fall wine festival, no worries, our wineries are open year round.