What to do in West Kelowna this Thanksgiving Long Weekend
The air is crisp and is perfect for getting outside and enjoying some nature!
Whether you have family and friends coming into town to visit or you are looking forward to a low-key weekend, we have some ‘what to do this weekend’ ideas.
1. Hit the trails for a hike. We have several trails for you to enjoy. Take an easy hike in Kalamoir Regional Park along the waterfront trail or check out the trails on Goats Head Regional Park. Other favourite trails include the Boucherie Rush, Glen Canyon, and Rose Valley Regional Park. Our website has information on the different hiking and biking trails in West Kelowna or download our Trail Guide or Birding and Map Guide.
2. Visit a winery, brewery, cidery, or distillery. Discover a new beverage for your Thanksgiving dinner at one of our 19 tasting rooms.
View this post on Instagram
💛 Happy First Day of Autumn! 💛 With a new season, comes a brand new vintage of our 2018 Tapestry. You won’t be able to keep your paws off of it. Cheers! 🍷 . . . . . . . . #westsidewine #okanaganwine #winecountry #kelowna #westkelowna #okanaganlife #wine #winetasting #fall #monday #okanagan #tapestry #mondaymood
3. Sneak away for a pumpkin spiced latte or a caramel macchiato at one of our cafes.
4. Use this time to sit back, relax and catch a movie. And don’t forget to order some popcorn (why is it that movie theatre popcorn is always better than popcorn at home?!)
5. It is harvest time along our Farm Loop. Stop by for a walk in the orchard and get some freshly picked apples. There is nothing better than a freshly picked apple from the tree!
6. Spend some time at the Gellatly Nut Farm. Get ready picked nuts or you can pick them yourself – and don’t forget your camera as this is a popular spot for family photos!
7. Discover a new restaurant in Westbank Centre. Here you can get Mexican, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Italian food as well as some great wings, burgers, and craft beer.
Enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend and remember to tag us in your Instagram photos with a #VisitWestside. Looking for more ideas? Download one of our guides.