2021 Holiday Light Displays
Christmas holiday light displays are magical and can cheer up even the crankiest of scrooges. The Westside has some pretty spectacular light displays that are sure to dazzle and amaze. Because of health restrictions that have been put in place this year, our businesses and organizations are re-imagining some of their events. Our twinkliest holiday event is the Annual Light Up which will take place on December 3rd from 5pm – 8pm on Brown Rd and the self-guided Twinkle Tour & Contest is returning for another year!
A special story map has been created that will show all light locations throughout the Westside. The maps will include public and municipal facilities as well as businesses and local residents. In order to have a business or residence on this map, all one needs to do is fill in the online form and submit the location. The City of West Kelowna is hosting this self-guided Twinkle Tour and has created some fun downloadable scavenger hunt sheets that also be used on the tour.
To make an evening out of it, we have a few suggestions:
- Use the story map to pre-plan your route.
- Print off your scavenger hunt lists and have a fun game with your carmates and see who can find the most items on the scavenger hunt list. Scavenger Hunt #1, Scavenger Hunt #2, Scavenger Hunt #3
- Raise your scavenger hunting game up a notch and do a neighbourhood caravan to look at the lights. Each car can compete to see who can find the most items on the list.
- Make sure your cameras and smartphones are charged as you may want to snap a few photos.
- Stop by one of our cafes as you are heading out for the tour and grab a hot chocolate – Blenz, Kekuli Cafe, Starbucks and Tim Hortons all have delicious hot chocolate and special holiday drinks.
- Lastly, stop by the CNR Wharf and snap a family photo under the lights. Don’t forget to tag us in the photo!
A few must-visit locations:
2030 Shannon Lake Rd | This light display is a must-see as it has a mini Ferris Wheel.
2306 Hayman Rd – Rollingdale Winery | Thousands of lights, movement, and music.
CNR Wharf | Under Santa’s Sleigh is a perfect place to get a family picture. Take a walk or drive along the waterfront and see lights in the trees and wrapped about the streetlights.
Light Tunnel | Located next to Willow Beach and the West Kelowna Yacht Club, the light tunnel twinkles and shines and is the perfect spot to snap a selfie.
Public Buildings, Businesses, and Streets
the hatch | 3225 Boucherie Rd
Brown Rd from Hwy 97 to Gossett Rd
City Hall | 2760 Cameron Rd
Wine Barrel Stacks along Boucherie Rd
Large Tree at Emmanuel Church | View it from Hwy 97
Season of Trees | Mission Hill Family Estate | 1730 Mission Hill Rd
Residential Addresses that were nominated for the City of West Kelowna’s Twinkle Tour
1491 Pinot Gris Dr
2577 Bridlehill Crt
2758 Sugosa Place
3961 Beachview Dr
3662 Paynter Rd
3441 Liard Crt
3371 Tarragon Crt
#63 – 3225 Shannon Lake Rd
2549 Pebble Place
1357 Rose Abby Dr
2150 Sunview Dr
1545 Scott Cres
2663 Paula Rd
827 Franwill Rd